I don’t know which is better the turkey or the stuffing. This recipe will absolutely give that bird a run for it’s money. What blew me away was adding so much broth. You’d think it would just make it soggy. It doesn’t the baking takes it all out and make this a killer side dish.
- 8 Cups Crusty White Artisan Bread Cut into 3/4 pieces
- 3 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion Diced
- 2 Celery Stalks Diced
- 4 Cloved Garlic Roughly Chopped
- 1 Cup Golden Raisins
- 1 Cup Walnuts Chopped
- 2 Tbsp Sage Leaves Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Oregano Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Rosemary Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Thyme Chopped
- Sea Salt and Pepper To taste
- 1/2 Cup Parsley Chopped
- 3 Eggs Lightly Beaten
- 3 Cups Chicken Broth Dare you to make my recipe
- Preheat oven at 400F with rack in the middle.
- On a baking tray spread out the bread chunks and bake for about 10 min. What you're looking for is a crisp golden brown look. Pull out and cool.
- Lightly butter a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a skillet melt butter over medium, add onions, celery and garlic and sautéing. Cook till onions and celery are soft, about 7 min.
- Add raisins, walnuts, sage, oregano, rosemary and thyme and cook and stir in. Do this for 1 minute.
- Transfer to a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Add Parsley, eggs and bread. Stir to combine.
- Add broth in two steps half-and-half. Stir into the mix. Don't mash it up. Take it easy, eh! Add the other half and repeat. Try and keep those bread chucks whole.
- Again taste for more salt and pepper.
- Transfer stuffing to a baking dish. Bake for 25-30 min till golden brown on top. Allow to sit for 5 min. Then serve.
Master Brad...ya, that flying dog held me captive forever, in the end the eggs never hatched. Grrrr
I had totally forgotten about this, my Portuguese dogs are still in therapy.
Try is with a couple of sprigs of tarragon while you're making the sauce, not too much just enough to…
Good catch...I forgot to add the good stuff. Butter. :)