You really haven’t eaten till you’ve had Pho (phở) and a side plate of grilled pork. I just puts it over the top.
This is a super easy recipe but you need to marinade the pork the day before. It’s also cheap! Its pork!
The peeps who have the Egg or a wood style BBQ have a huge advantage over the lowly propane method amature backyard chefs. Like I have an opinion to criticize here! I live on a boat and have to pan fry everything. ?
I find cooking this in a cage or wood skewers vs. flipping one at a time is much easier.
Oh, I should mention I’m into a bottle of Chardonnay and got some Disturbed going on in the background. Guaranteed to have an ultimate BBQ experience today!
Vietnamese Grilled Pork
- 4 lbs Pork Butt Cut 1/2" thick strips. Substitute Top Sirloin
- 3 Shallots minced
- 5 Garlic Clove Minced
- 1/2 cup Lemongrass Minced
- 2 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 3 1/2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Crushed Pepper
- 2 tbsp Honey Substitute Brown Sugar
- 3 tbsp Fish sauce
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1/2 tsp Vegetable Oil Use Neutral Oil
- Crushed Peanuts Optional
- 1 Lime
- Mix well.
- Marinade overnight in the fridge.
- BBQ on a medium heat and cook till each side has a caramelized sear look to them. A hot heat is fine too...you just need to watch it closely. See my note below.
- Squeeze a lime over everything for the last minute of cooking.
- For serving you can add some peanuts.
Master Brad...ya, that flying dog held me captive forever, in the end the eggs never hatched. Grrrr
I had totally forgotten about this, my Portuguese dogs are still in therapy.
Try is with a couple of sprigs of tarragon while you're making the sauce, not too much just enough to…
Good catch...I forgot to add the good stuff. Butter. :)