Shakshuka is a North African dish. Super easy to make. I could do a full recipe but what I find is this. Leftover pasta sauce and minor ingredients and your done. I don’t have a skillet on the boat but a frying pan does the trick just fine.
- 28 oz Pasta Sauce
- 1 Red Pepper Julienne Strips.
- 1 Sweet Onion Sliced
- Chopped Parsley
- Crumbled Feta Cheese
- Oil-Cured Olives
- Chopped Chorizo
- Salt & Pepper & Hot Pepper Flakes
- Saute pepper and onion till soft.
- Add in leftover pasta sauce. Adjust with Salt & Pepper and hot pepper flakes to your liking.
- Once sauce is brought up in heat. Reduce to lowest temperature.
- Add eggs on top and cover. These will cook for 5-10 min. When the egg looks cooked use your finger to gently poke without breaking the yolk. You want them to stay soft.
- Sprinkle Feta, Meat, Olives, Parsley to your liking on top then serve.
Master Brad...ya, that flying dog held me captive forever, in the end the eggs never hatched. Grrrr
I had totally forgotten about this, my Portuguese dogs are still in therapy.
Try is with a couple of sprigs of tarragon while you're making the sauce, not too much just enough to…
Good catch...I forgot to add the good stuff. Butter. :)