Nothing worse than bad dough for anything, bread or pizza. This came from a couple of years of playing around and I settled as my go to pizza dough. Cornmeal plays a big roll. About two hours to make.
BUT, what makes this really unique? I roll out the dough and lace it with butter, roll it like a cinnamon roll before making the final roll out. The results is almost flaky and very buttery, it has the potential to challange your toppings.
- 3-1/4 cups "00" or Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 2-1/4 tsp Yeast (Active or Rapid Rise)
- 1/2 cup Cornmeal
- 1.5 cups Warm Water
- 3 tbsp Melted Unsalted Butter Dont add this in till you prepare the dough
- With a good processor mix on low for 1-2 min.
- Scrape sides.
- Mix on Medium for about 5 min.
- Put Dough in a oiled bowl and cover for 2 hour till doubled.
Prepairing The Dough
- Roll the dough into a rectangle about 1/4″ thick.
- Spread unsalted butter over top of it. (Soft butter only)
- Roll the dough tight from one end to the next. It will look like a big cinnamon bun.
- Cut the dough in half or into 1/3's if you're doing personal size pizza dishes.
- Slightly flatten out about 1/4" with your hand then fold into three fold envelope pattern. Pinch the seams and form into ball.
- Rise again for 45min in the fridge is fine.