I have two simple rules for cooking. Music and Wine. Everything else will fall into place, promise!
Thankfully I have a very beamy boat and a fantastic galley/salon layout. One of those things I-do-not take for granted when I use this glorious space. Those who have narrow vessels with low head space I feel bad for, cooking can’t possibly be much fun.
Here is what I have to work with.
- Two propane tanks on aft deck.
- Beer fridge with a freezer that can can fit two ice cube trays.
- Three burner stove with an oven that will not work if any of the burners are on.
- Two basin deep sink.
- About 3 feet of counter space.
- Storage…well…not much.
- Faema coffee machine.
- KitchenAid artisan stand mixer.
- Good set of knives.
Note: No microwave! Kills your food and I’d be tempted to eat frozen burritos!