Not much to say about this sauce other then it’s fairly quick to make. But there’s the thing. Make-this-the-day before! You’ve put in the effort and so you need to add some extra patience to get the full experience.
Drunken Spicy Cranberry Sauce
I was never a fan of cranberry sauce, ever! I was challenged to make it anyway for a Christmas dinner. Here it is.
- 12 oz Whole Cranberries Wash them well.
- 1 Pear Peeled and diced
- 1/2 Cup Blueberries Optional: But fun to add in.
- 2 oz Candied Ginger Minced
- 1 Orange Zest
- 1 Cup Orange Juiced
- 1/4 Cup Vodka Optional: Port Wine
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Star Anise
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Diced Jalapeño Make sure it is hot. If not don't use it.
- Put everything into a pot, except the Cranberries. On a medium high. Stir well until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add in the Cranberries and stire often, use a lid only half covering it when you're not stirring. The berries will pop and burst juices all over the place so this helps keep them in the pot. If you fully cover it I guarantee it will boil over. Still on and off for about 15 min till all the berries have popped and the texture is nice and thick. If there is too much runny liquid just keep cooking till it's nice and thick.
- After you're happy with the texture. Remove off the heat and take out the Cinnamon stick and Star Anise. Once it's fully cooled down, jar it for later or cover in a bowel and put in the fridge.
Master Brad...ya, that flying dog held me captive forever, in the end the eggs never hatched. Grrrr
I had totally forgotten about this, my Portuguese dogs are still in therapy.
Try is with a couple of sprigs of tarragon while you're making the sauce, not too much just enough to…
Good catch...I forgot to add the good stuff. Butter. :)