I’m writing this post because this is what I’m making tonight! I’m not sure why I don’t eat this everyday ??
Hey remember I live on a boat! I can’t go and make a 24″ diameter pizza in the oven. So I got to go personal sized! With my oven I can do three trays at a time. Good enough! These trays I use I got from William Sonoma.
First you need to make the sauce before hand. If you take a shortcut and open up a store bought jar stop right now. Give this recipe to somebody with some Cojones and watch it be done right?
Next you got to make the pizza dough.
Chicago Deep-Dish Pizza
- 1 TBSP of oil in each tray and coat.
- Do-not use a rolling pin. Use your hands to flatten the dough out about 1/4", don't go thin. And place in tray. Use your fingers to fill the pan. Inside the tray you want the thickness to be about 1/8". If it's any thinker your crust will get really big, you may like that. The crust does taste good!
- Add a heaping portion of Mozza cheese in first.
- Spread some sauce to your liking on top.
- Sprinkle some Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese on top.
- Put in oven at 425 F for 30-35 min.
- Take out and rest for 5 min before cutting into it.